House Of Haunted Clocks House Of Haunted Clocks

Absolutely amazing

Great job everyone

Happy halloween!!

Interwebs Interwebs

Super super charming. The pacing felt a bit too slow or fast at parts, that's my only criticism.

Legend of Miyamoto Legend of Miyamoto

I watched this many years ago when it was released and I loved it. Today it brought me to tears.

Dead Pixel (LD31) Dead Pixel (LD31)

I enjoyed the scratchy music when outside of the path. I like the concept, and the visuals, and had fun playing. Like HawkSandwich, I also thought the game was overall too hard; playtesting is important, and your ability to judge difficulty of your own game is biased.

0x6a61686e responds:

Duly noted, thank you. I'll try to find ways to play test during the next LD, and stop relying on my perception of difficulty which is pretty much bogus for multiple reasons.

A Kitty Dream A Kitty Dream

A nice fun platformer, just the way I like em. The atmosphere had a kind of unique and "looser" feel I guess than other kind of ambient platformers I guess. It wasn't too heavy, or too light. Also liked the envorinment and kitty graphics, and the smooth melodies.

Overall I liked the flow of the game, but I have a few nitpicks. The block puzzle area felt like it fit, but the one puzzle with 5 blocks felt too convoluted, and slowed the area down a lot, and same with the one before it. I felt a similar thing with the difficult segment in the cave dream area with the moving shurikens; it felt like a little like a drudge compared to flying through other areas. I feel like some playtesting would make areas like these more noticable.

Also some small nitpicks with mechanics. I got quite frustrated at the 5-block puzzle because I assumed all blocks had to be still in their targets, as it is in every single other block puzzle game I've played. Others have expressed this as well. Also, as for the dash, it felt great to me, except it took me a little while to figure out I could pause before choosing a direction, which made it feel a bit better. I feel like some playtesting could have ironed out these parts too. And I know this was made in a 5 day jam, I'm just pointing this out for when there's time / planning for it.

I also liked the feel of the movement and really liked the level design. It felt like a dreamy yet detailed world.

Square Adventure Square Adventure

Pretty cool feeling game overall. I like the glowing thing on the cube, it looks nice. The very last section going up the shaft with the laser took me a long time to figure out, I think that area might make a lot of players give up; I think the mechanic of recharging your jump on ceilings could be introduced in a better way, that hallway seemed like a dead end.

This is just a thought, but I think the cube rotating the same way when moving left and right could lead to some interesting puzzle platforming design. It felt a little out of place and a little like an unnecessary annoyance.

Journey [8 BIT] Journey [8 BIT]

This is a very nice progressing song! Your small dialogue in the comments really connects with the song. I can imagine the main character walking through a field, turning his head back, and shedding a single tear, and keeps on walking.

Machinations - Chip (WIP) Machinations - Chip (WIP)

Awesome track! I've been looking for a chiptune-style loop with this tempo, but still is upbeat. And it loops seamlessly! I'll let you know if i decide to use this in my game. Thanks!

[8bit] kill me please [8bit] kill me please

This is great! I was looking for a song that wasn't too passive, but not to aggressive. I wish it was a tad slower though. I might use this in my game - I'll let you know if I do. Thanks!